Who are we?
If you have any queries relating to how we handle personal data then please contact us at our registered address below or alternatively email DataProtectionOfficer@jerseyhospicecare.com
Our registered office address is:
Jersey Hospice Care
Why we collect your personal data
We collect your data for the purposes of selling you a Million Pound Lottery ticket.
When do we collect your personal data?
We collect your data during the process of purchasing your Million Pound Lottery ticket.
The information we collect is:
- First name
- Last Name
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Confirmation that you are over 18
- Your Lottery ticket number
How do we protect your personal data?
We take the matter of data security very seriously. We will treat your personal data with the utmost care and will take all steps to protect it. These include:
- access to systems which contain personal data is limited to only allowing staff who need access
- we secure access to all transactional areas of our websites using ‘https’ technology
- a wide range of technical security measures including firewalls to safeguard from cyberattack
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We will only keep personal data for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. This is known as the retention period. You will be told how long the retention period is, for the particular personal data, at the time it is collected.
At the end of the retention period, your personal data will be deleted.
Sharing your personal data
What are your rights in relation to your personal data?
Under the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018, you have certain legal rights in relation to how your personal data is processed.
- Right of Access (We have to tell you if we have your personal data, what it is used for and let you have access if you request it, which is known as a Subject Access Request)
- Right to Rectify (We have to correct your personal data if you request us to)
- Right of Erasure (If we do not have a lawful basis for holding your information, for instance we are relying on your consent and you withdraw that consent, then we have to delete your personal data)
- Right to Restriction (If you want us to stop processing your personal data but do not want it deleting)
- Right of Portability (If you request us to give you your personal data in a common, machine readable format)
- Right to Object (You can object to your personal data being used for direct marketing, including profiling for direct marketing or being processed for scientific / historical research or statistics)
Under the new Data Protection law, you have the Right of Access to the personal data that we have collected and processed about you. This right includes both the right to know if we have collected personal data on you and also the right to see what personal data we have collected.
In most cases, it is likely that we would be able to deal with any requests to see personal data we hold on you in an informal way. For example, if a patient wanted to see a single, specific document or set of notes that had been made about them, this would be fulfilled at the time the request is made.
If a request is made to see lots of different documents or, for example, the information also contains the personal data of another individual, this is likely to be more complex and therefore requires a more formal request. This is known as a Subject Access Request.
If you wish to make a Subject Access Request this should be done in writing, either by post or email and can be sent to either of the following addresses:
Jersey Hospice Care
You can also contact us about anything else relating to your personal data.
Your right to lodge a complaint
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Office of Information Commissioner. You can contact them by calling +44 (0)1534 716530 or go to the Office of the Information Commissioner’s website (This opens in a new window; please note we can’t be responsible for the content of external websites).